Pages

Friday, May 4, 2012

2.0 | 10 Weeks

Written on March 22, 2012
 
How far along? 10 weeks- double digit weeks…YAY!!
Baby’s Size: Prune
Total Weight Gain: 0 pounds
Maternity Clothes: No, but many days I use the old hair tie trick to fasten my pants button so I’m comfortable. I’ve also been wearing every loose top I have in my wardrobe since my belly isn’t as flat as it once was. I wouldn’t say I’m showing but a small bump is starting to form. Plus, 1st trimester bloat is the enemy.
Gender: TBD, but I’m feeling girl.
Movement: None
Sleep: I’m tired. I tend to go to bed between 8:30-9p most nights. This week there were two nights that I went to bed after 10 and man did I hurt the next day. I’ve started to take some Benadryl before bed as well so I can be certain I get enough sleep or else I literally want to go in my car during work and nap.
Symptoms: This week the girls have started to be slightly sore and I’ve noticed a little bit of growth. Thankfully, the nausea I’ve felt over the last few weeks has subsided slightly, but I will still feel a little nauseous or dry heave if I am hungry (or brushing my teeth). Last week, I was reading Evelina a story at bedtime, I had to stop, run to the bathroom and dry heave, worrying I was actually going to throw up. Poor thing followed me and didn’t know what to do. So sweet she is. My other horrible symptom is major acne. I seriously look like a teenage boy going through puberty. My forehead is an absolute mess. Ugh.
Best Moments this week: I had my first prenatal appointment this past Monday with the same midwife who delivered Evelina. She wasn’t even going to attempt to try to find the baby’s heartbeat with the Doppler this early, but I pleaded with her since I had more spotting last week and really wanted some reassurance that all was okay. She didn’t have any luck so instead she checked in with the ultrasound tech to see if she could sneak me in for a quick check. She agreed, so I got to see the baby for a few minutes and heard the beautiful heartbeat. I don’t know how fast the BPMs were and I didn’t get any pictures (stupid me should have taken a picture off the screen with my iPhone) since she just snuck me in off the record. It was still fun to see the baby though, a head, legs and arms. He/she was SO much bigger than when we saw him/her for the first time at 7w4d. In only 2 weeks he/she transformed!!
Food Aversions: I feel like I am constantly searching for something that I actually want to eat. It is a struggle each day (just ask wonderfully patient husband). I ate a salad for lunch almost every day before finding out I was pregnant, but just the thought of them makes me want to gag these days. Thank goodness I still like fruit.
Food Cravings: I could eat fresh mozzarella, tomato and basil salads/sandwiches every.single.day. So yummy!!
What I miss: Having some energy to get things done. Man, am I lazy.
What I am looking forward to: Our next ultrasound scheduled for 4/10/2012. This is the scan where they perform the nuchal translucency screening along with blood work to determine the risk for downs syndrome. Fingers crossed and lots of prayers that all looks good!!

No comments:

Post a Comment