Pages

Sunday, January 2, 2011

First Blizzard

Evelina says, "Mama, why in the heck are we out in this weather, ah goo!"

The day after Christmas, Evelina got to experience her first blizzard, the blizzard of 2010. After the wind gusts had died down slightly and Chris finished tackling the driveway with his new snow blower for the first time, I suited Lina up in her snowsuit for a quick 5-minute trip to the backyard.  It was quite brisk so after a few photos (you know me...I MUST document), it was back into the cozy house.  Hopefully, our next snowstorm won't be accompanied by winds over 30mph so Lina can make her first baby snow angel. 

We only ended up with about 13 inches of accumulation but either way, there is just something I love about being snowed in and feeling insulated by the fluffy white stuff.  Especially if it results in a long(er) weekend spending time with the family.  

3 comments:

  1. Hey Sarah, too funny. Another August 2007 bride! How fun. Glad to see you're doing so well :) Thanks for the link to the photo help. These DSLRs are so awesome, but so overwhelming!

    ReplyDelete
  2. p.s. have you seen the momtog blog? I've found that to be helpful too....

    http://www.momtog.com/

    ReplyDelete
  3. I want Evelina's suit :-) Great photo!

    ReplyDelete