Pages

Friday, December 31, 2010

In a Perfect World

I'm extremely grateful that I've had the opportunity to work part-time and my current company has been flexible and supportive of my new, 32-hour/week schedule.  It could change at anytime, but for now I'm enjoying having Fridays off to spend with Evelina. We get to chill at the homestead together and have mommy and me time, run errands, attend mommy and baby groups or meet up with friends.  I very much look forward to our Friday's together each week.  They make getting through a busy work week so much easier, and having a 3-day weekend every week isn't anything to complain about either.  I am a lucky gal. 

But (of course there's always a but), in a perfect world, I would love to continue to work, but only 10-3, 3 or 4 days a week.  Lina and I could get up in the morning and leisurely get ready for the day with some playtime or cuddle time thrown in.  She could head off to daycare during the middle part of the day while I worked.  After I picked her up, we could head home, she could go down for a nap while I made dinner in preparation for Chris's arrival home.  While I cleaned up, Chris could take over the bedtime routine and after 7p (she's in bed at this time) we could veg on the couch, cuddle with Violet, watch our fave shows, update the blog, or read until bedtime.  

Sounds perfect to me.  



No comments:

Post a Comment