Pages

Wednesday, December 22, 2010

WTF?!?!

I am 1000% fed up with Evelina's current night-time sleep pattern.  Sometimes I think I need to change the name of this blog to "Simply Sleep Ciano" because I feel that sleep is constantly an area of struggle.  Just when we think Rip Van Lina is back, she throws us a curve ball and changes her sleep pattern once again.  I am BEYOND frustrated and just plain tired.  Uggghhhhh......  

After we successfully implemented sayonara soother, Lina was again sleeping like a dream, but then one night she started waking up around 2am and chatting for 45 minutes and then waking up at 5:30a again.  Ever since that day the trend has continued.  The chatting doesn't bother me per se but, what bothers me is that she will sometimes get aggravated and start to fuss a little more and then intervention is required (usually a diaper change since I never know what could be in there).  Over the past nights the one wake-up has turned into 2-3...the only positive is that she actually sleeps past 6am but only because she has been up for almost 2 hours during the night.  We usually only intervene at the first wake-up and if she gets up 2 or more times she is on her own unless crying out in some sort of pain. 

Chris and I have brainstormed as to what may be causing this night-time waking, because we know very well she is sleep trained, and we think it could be a few things.  She is getting another tooth, solids don't agree with her, or she is deep into Wonder Week 26 (she is 28 weeks but 26 weeks past her original due date).  Because she can't talk we are unsure if teeth or gas are bothering her so Ibuprofen and Mylicon are always ready to go if needed.  We also stopped feeding her solids at dinner since this seems to really bother her and it has helped slightly but she is still waking.  WAAAAA.......

And don't even get me started on her shiz naps (but happy to know her friends at school are experiencing the same)!!  I am praying to the high heavens this is all just a phase.

Don't worry Lina, we still love you to pieces!!

1 comment:

  1. I feel your pain.. One night Holly slept from 10-2.. never again. She wakes up more regularly at night than during the day. Every three hours! Thank God they're so darn cute huh? I think for Christmas some new concealer is in order.

    ReplyDelete