Pages

Monday, December 13, 2010

Sweet Potatoes and Peas, Oh My

Over the weekend I broke out the food processor and immersion blender to prepare Evelina's first baby food.  I decided to start out easy with sweet potatoes and peas.  Both were surprisingly simple.  My biggest challenge was not knowing what the consistency of the puree should be, so I decided to purchase a jar of peas to compare. Once I got the peas just right, I tasted my homemade version and the jarred variety and what a difference.  Poor babies!! if I had to eat the jarred peas, I wouldn't like my veggies either!! 

Overall, my first attempt at making baby food yielded about 10 servings of each veggie.  The big test will be whether or not Lina enjoys them this week!! She will be starting her 3-day schedule of sweet potatoes today and we plan to add peas on Thursday. So far we know she enjoys oatmeal but I didn't go as far as grinding my own.    
The last time I checked, peas were green. Which peas would you rather eat?

No comments:

Post a Comment