Pages

Sunday, December 5, 2010

Evelina's Nursery


It only took 8+ months but Evelina's nursery is complete, minus some additional art I would like to scoop up, like this cute hanger from Etsy or a silhouette of Violet, and perhaps a yellow rug to tie everything together.  

I really wanted to create a happy and cheerful space that wasn't too pink or cutesy.  A room that I'd like to enjoy being in just as much as Evelina, a space that could grow with her and evolve as she makes new discoveries.   

When I was searching for nursery inspiration I came across the two below that really tickled my fancy. 

Sweet and Sunny Nursery 
Little P's Room

I just loved the blues, yellows and bright pinks(hence the colors of this blog) that showered each of these rooms and created such a fun but relaxing atmosphere.  


There are so many things I love about the room but a few of my faves are: 
  • Little White Chair - It was my father's as a child and my Uncle John repainted it for Evelina.  My father carved his name in the back as a child and his childhood dog, Penny Nickel Fisher, even chewed up the wood slightly.  It is a very special chair that I am looking forward to Evelina sitting in soon. 
  • Owl and tree mobile hanging above the changing table - Evelina loves staring up at it and watching the owls fly by  
  • Fabric Hoops - My mom and I created these easily and I think they are pretty, inexpensive art. 
  • Shadow Box - What's better then having a memento of Evelina's little hands a feet?  And the memory of how difficult it was to get her to cooperate to get the impressions!! 


We are thrilled with the way the room came out and it makes me happy to spend time in it with our sweet little one.  I hope that Evelina will enjoy it for many years to come.  

Our next project for Evelina?  Creating a playroom in our current office space.  We barely use it for an office and think it will be the perfect place for Evelina once she is a mobile toddler!!  

Click HERE for source list.

11 comments:

  1. Fabulous.. I hope Evelina comes to appreciate all of it! I think the yellow rug idea is a great idea.

    ReplyDelete
  2. your nursery is BEAUTIFUL!!!!!!!!! Glad the boots worked out! ;)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love, love, love your nursery. Just now saw these pics! You are so creative with your DIY mindset..very inpiring :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love this nursery! where did you buy the ceiling lamps?

    ReplyDelete
  5. it might not even be lights i just realized! lol. the round sphere's hanging from the ceiling i was talking about. I cant seem to find those anywhere! can you tell me where you got them? thanks!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thanks!! I purchased the paper lanterns at Luna Bazaar (http://www.lunabazaar.com/paper-lanterns.aspx). I believe they are an 8", 10" and 14".

    ReplyDelete
  7. awesome!! do yours light up? or did you just use them as decoration? I cant get over your nursery! I just absolutely love it! Im doing mine like yours and will send you pictures when im done!

    ReplyDelete
  8. You are sweet. Thanks!! They don't light up, just decoration. You can buy a light kit though. Evelina didn't really pay much attention to them at first but now she loves them.

    ReplyDelete
  9. I just love this nursery! What is the color you used on the wall?

    ReplyDelete
  10. Thanks Brenda!! It is Benjamin Moore Robin's Nest. I love it.

    ReplyDelete
  11. I found your blog and this post by searching my name in Pinterest. It's a pretty rare name and I love that you love it! Your nursery is beautiful and so fun! I'm looking forward to reading some other posts on here. :)

    ReplyDelete