Pages

Thursday, May 13, 2010

The Unexpected

Over the past few weeks I’ve been trying to envision when I will go into labor, will I be at work or with Chris or with friends or home alone with Violet, will my water break, how will it feel and will we be ready, will I be early or late, will I be able to work up until my due date, will I have to be induced, how will Bambina Ciano’s birth story read and the list goes on.

I don’t think there are many situations in life that are completely unexpected. For the most part, most “big” life events are planned (with the exception of illness or death, but I am referring more to positive events here). Now, we all know that I was born with the "planner-gene" so not actually KNOWING when the first stage of labor is set to begin is one of those unexpected situations that I just won’t be able to avoid. I just need to relax and let nature takes it course. This isn’t going to be easy for a control-freak like me but I really feel that my entire pregnancy journey has been such a learning experience and a test of patience that having to wait for labor to begin is the icing on the cake. Which means meeting Cashina will be the equivalent of getting a nice big slice with a yummy sweet rose on top!!! Can't wait!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment