Today, I am 34 weeks pregnant!! Only 42 days (about) to go!! Today we have our maternity photo shoot in the morning and my mom is coming to spend the afternoon with us. I so wish it was going to be another beautiful Spring day but no such luck…oh well, every weekend can’t be gorgeous.This week, Cashina weighs approximately 4.7lbs and is about 17.7” in total length. Her digestive and intestinal systems are fully functioning now, although they will continue to mature until she is about 2 years old. Her lungs are nearly fully developed as well and if she were born now, she’d have a 95% chance of surviving without medical intervention. In other news, her fingernails now reach the end of her fingertips and will need to good filing once she is born. We wouldn’t want her little daggers to scratch her baby face or ours would we? The placenta reaches maturity this week and will start to age. But no worries, it will still continue to provide her with nutrients and oxygen until birth.
Painting the nursery has been a royal pain in the arse and Chris and I are kicking ourselves for not hiring someone to do it like we had originally planned. We thought the expense would have been too much but when you factor in supplies and all of Chris’s time, it would have been worth it. Next room we paint will be done by professionals. Anyway, the painting should be finished up this weekend (finally!!) and we can put some of the furniture that has been delivered in place. We are still waiting for the crib so I need to call baby furniture warehouse and hassle them since I’m getting antsy. I am excited about starting to wash some clothes and organizing this week!! Oh, and I can’t forget about shower thank you cards…definitely not as fun as organizing.



No comments:
Post a Comment