Pages

Saturday, May 15, 2010

Pregnancy Progress: Week 35

Today, I am 35 weeks pregnant!! Only 35 days (about) to go…YOWSA!! We really need to focus on finishing up the nursery (I wish the dang crib would get delivered!!), getting clothes washed and put away, purchasing any remaining necessities we don’t have yet, packing bags for the hospital, all the while keeping up with my parenting philosophies reading (when I really just want to watch the Lost episodes we have DVR'd or go to be early). So much to do and time is dwindling. Hard to believe that our little Baby C will be making her highly anticipated debut soon and we will officially get to meet her, and name her, and cuddle with her, and love her……

This week, Cashina weighs approximately 5lbs and is about 18” in total length…or more. Her kidneys are fully developed and her liver is now able to process some waste products. Most of her development is now complete and she’ll spend the remaining weeks putting on weight and laying down fat, which will help her stay warm once she’s out of the womb. As she continues to grow, my uterus will be stretched and stretched, letting in more light. She’ll notice this and may even develop a new daily activity routine.

At my pre-natal appointment yesterday, Cashina’s heartbeat was beating strong in the mid to high 140s and she was still head down with her butt above my belly button (THAT'S what I've been feeling!!). I only gained a whopping 2 3/4lbs since my last appointment 2 weeks ago which puts me up 23 1/4lbs. I have to admit, I've definitely been eating a heck of a lot more...man have I been hungry!! I wouldn't be surprised if the left over shower cake had something to do with it too.

Other then getting organized, this week we are also taking a newborn essentials class which should be fun. I am hoping that we come out of it with an increased comfort level when it comes to basic infant care. The more confidence we have at the onset, the more comfortable I think we will be taking care of our little girl during the first days and weeks.

Oh and did I mention only 35 days until my estimated due date? That is just crazy talk right there!!

No comments:

Post a Comment