Pages

Thursday, May 20, 2010

Expected Date of Delivery

We are all well aware that my expected date of delivery (EDD) is June 19, 2010 but the likelihood of actually delivering on this day is rather slim so sometimes I just like to say that I am due in June. The last day that I would most likely be allowed to give birth would be 2 weeks after my EDD or July 3, 2010….but I would like to avoid making it to 42 weeks pregnant!!



About 2/3 of babies are born within 10 days of their EDD with approximately 80% of babies born sometimes between week 38 and 42. Here is a graph that illustrates the range of dates at which babies are born.



So June 19th is a goal but it is by no means when we will actually meet our little girl. Although, I have kind of grown fond of the date and really wouldn’t mind if it was her actual birth date.

No comments:

Post a Comment