Pages

Saturday, May 22, 2010

Pregnancy Progress: Week 36

Today, I am 36 weeks pregnant!! Only 28 days (about) to go…WOW….less than 30 days!! I have officially entered my 9th month and I’m still feeling pretty darn good but have definitely noticed that my ankles are more swollen and I have even experienced some wrist swelling as is evidenced by my watch not being as lose it used to be. I officially can only wear my wedding band now and even that takes some effort to put on some mornings. I continue to be plagued by heartburn but if that is my worst symptom of the moment, I will take it. At least it isn’t every night or during the day.



Most people keep on assuming that I just want to be done with this pregnancy, that I am uncomfortable, exhausted, sick of pregnancy symptoms, etc. But in reality, I am not ready to be “done” just yet. Yes, of course we want to meet our little one BUT until the nursery makes a little more progress and the baby equipment still in boxes in the basement gets put together (yup, we actually need a functional car seat, stroller, and pack and play for the living room), I would like her to continue to bake. Like I mentioned in a previous post, I have kind of grown attached to my EDD.



As far a Cashina is concerned, this week she weighs approximately 6lbs (I am guessing a little less though) and is about 18 1/2” in total length (+ or -). In addition to her brain continuing to develop, her biggest job over the remaining weeks will be to store fat.



On tap for this week, an infant CPR course and installing the car seat. It will be totally strange to drive around with it I think. I consider it one more step into making this entire experience feel more real and that we are actually going to have a baby!!



Keep a look out for my 36 week belly shot. I wonder how it will compare to 32 weeks?

No comments:

Post a Comment