There are a few pregnancy symptoms that I was hoping to avoid and swelling/puffiness was one of them…“was” being the operative word. But this week, I feel like the puff devil has risen up to torture me with his swell trident. Now, in comparison to other pregnant women I look like a skinny bitch, but for me, any swelling is swelling enough for me to complain about it. My eyes look puffy, I have difficulty putting on my wedding rings in the morning and taking them off at night, my nose is spreading (thanks for pointing that out sis!!), my shoes are snug, and the list goes on. I am just thankful that this time of year allows me to wear flip flops but I may have to start ruining any cute outfits I have with sneakers so I won’t scare anyone off with my swollen feet.
I already drink what seems like 3 gallons of water a day (since water is supposed to reduce swelling in pregnancy….seems like it would have the opposite effect but I am no expert) so I can’t really improve on that, but I have told myself I need to go on more walks, elevate me feet more often, and that Chris needs to give me more foot massages in the evenings. I think all of these things should help get me through the next 7 or so weeks.
Luckily, this swelling is all caused in part by lovely pregnancy hormones which encourage my body to hang on to water to fuel a variety of Cashina’s needs. So with that I will try to keep the complaining to a minimum.



No comments:
Post a Comment