One of our 2011 goals was to hold a yard sale to purge the abundance of stuff that has overtaken our basement. We have accumulated sooooo much for a number of reasons:
1) Our taste has changed which means that many things we used to love, we no longer love, so they were moved down into the basement to make room upstairs for new things that we love.
2) We had a baby!! As a result, we had to make some room for her on the main levels of the house which resulted in more piles to the basement.
3) We never completely unpacked from when we moved into the house back in 2008 (or when we moved in together in Charlestown for that matter). Yesterday I was going through boxes with housewares still wrapped in newspaper dated from March 2002...yikes!! Needless to say, these things are yard sale bound.
Over the past week, Chris and I have been spending our evenings, after Evelina is in bed, along with her nap times, in the basement going through all of our stuff and moving things into the garage that we plan to sell at the yard sale this coming Saturday. A few of our neighbors will also be participating. I'm envisioning a big cul-de-sac yard sale party!! I'm praying for a good turnout AND good weather. We don't want a repeat weather day from Evelina's 1st birthday party that's for sure.
Our goal for the yard sale is to get rid of inventory. As much as we would like to make some money, we are more focused on getting rid of stuff and moving on to the next project, ORGANIZING the basement. I.CANNOT.WAIT!! Chris and I also decided that we plan to donate the proceeds from our portion of the yard sale to the UMass Medicine Cancer Walk that we will be participating in on September 25th.
Anything we don't sell will be listed on Freecycle or trashed. I LOVE purging!!
I've listed our yardsale at yardsalesearch.com and plan to list it on Craig's List as well. Find more garage sales in Ashland on Yard Sale Search.
I'll be sure to let you all know how it goes!! I desperately need to post (or photo dump) about a few farms we've visited over the past month but it may need to wait. Too many pictures to sort through/edit and too little time.



No comments:
Post a Comment