In between me telling her to take the crayon out of her mouth and put it on the paper, trying to prevent her from ripping the paper or throwing it on the floor, and/or scribbling on the table, window sill, or wall, she has made some very fun abstract art work.
We've also attempted finger painting but I think more paint may have gone into her mouth than on the paper itself. Either way, it was a fun way to create a homemade gift for her Grandpa and Mimi in honor of Grandparent's Day back in September (and one for Papa for his office at work).
I'm excited for Chris to hang the curtain wire up on the wall above the cube bookcase so that we can showcase some of her first works. In the meantime, I've framed one of her marker masterpieces and plan to rotate different creations in the frame every so often.
PS: Thank goodness crayons, markers and paint are non-toxic :-)





I got some crayons just because.. well, I thought Holly would actually hold them and move them around. IN THE MOUTH. I'm holding out hope.
ReplyDelete-Ang