Pages

Friday, September 9, 2011

Potty!!

Evelina used the potty tonight!! We are by no means potty training, but I did buy a potty months ago and put it in the bathroom to allow Evelina to get used to seeing it.  Hoping that when we did start potty training, it wouldn't be a foreign object to her.  

Every now and then I will put her on the potty during a diaper change to see if she needs to go since I've read that it can help build a connection to diapers and actually going potty. Recently, Evelina has started sitting on the potty herself, while dressed, when we are in the bathroom getting her bath ready or I'm washing my hands, etc.  

I've noticed, since her first bath ever, that Evelina likes to potty immediately after her bath, so this week, I decided to put her on the potty once she was dried off.  We didn't have much success on Monday or Wednesday, and she even pee'd on the rug after sitting on the potty for a couple of minutes...but, tonight, she actually went on the potty!!  I was shocked!! Of course, I didn't think she would actually go so I had turned around to empty the tub and put toys away, but when I turned back around, she was standing up and I looked in the potty and there was pee!!  So exciting!!  It may have just been a fluke, but either way, I'm proud of her!!  Way to go Bean!! 

No comments:

Post a Comment