Every once in awhile, I feel the urge to be crafty. Since today is the last day of school before Evelina transitions to a toddler room, I thought it would be fun to create something fun for Evelina's teachers to thank them for everything they have done for us over the past year. For inspiration, I sought out ideas from one of the best website on the planet, Pinterest. I LOVE this site almost as much as I love Etsy.
I came across this "Thanks a latte" card and thought it would be perfect and easy to make...which is important for a non-crafty lady like myself. Since school is a peanut-free environment and they discourage bringing in homemade baked goods, Chris and I figured a Dunkin' Donuts gift card would be the next best thing. Who doesn't run on Dunkin'? But, just giving a gift card in a store bought card seemed too boring after seeing this idea.
For my version, I used raffia instead of string. I also exposed the Dunkin' Donuts side of the cup sleeve instead of the ridged side since the ridged side had some glue on it that didn't look very nice. I also included a personalized note from Evelina on the back of each card. I'm happy with the way they came out and it really didn't take that much effort. I hope her teachers like 'em!!
I came across this "Thanks a latte" card and thought it would be perfect and easy to make...which is important for a non-crafty lady like myself. Since school is a peanut-free environment and they discourage bringing in homemade baked goods, Chris and I figured a Dunkin' Donuts gift card would be the next best thing. Who doesn't run on Dunkin'? But, just giving a gift card in a store bought card seemed too boring after seeing this idea.
For my version, I used raffia instead of string. I also exposed the Dunkin' Donuts side of the cup sleeve instead of the ridged side since the ridged side had some glue on it that didn't look very nice. I also included a personalized note from Evelina on the back of each card. I'm happy with the way they came out and it really didn't take that much effort. I hope her teachers like 'em!!




No comments:
Post a Comment