Dear Evelina,
You are 15 months old!! What a big girl you are becoming!! You’re Papa and I can barely keep up with everything you are learning these days. You are a sponge just ready to absorb as much information as possible. We are so lucky that we get to watch you grow and explore everyday. You become more fun as each day passes and we are never at a loss for laughs when we are together. Your language, many expressions and gestures are constantly putting a smile on our faces. If I could bottle you up and save every moment, I most certainly would. We just love you to pieces!!
Some highlights from the past month include:
- The biggest milestone of the month hands down was, WALKING!!!! You are making so much progress everyday and Papa and I constantly catch you walking behind our back. In a couple of more weeks, I wouldn’t be surprised if walking is your preferred mode of getting around. You already have ants in your pants so when you are more comfortable with walking, Papa and I will have serious problem on our hands!! Uh Oh!!
- You were visited by both Grandpa and Auntie K, complete with trips to local farms to see and pet lots of animals. You just love animals of all sizes and get so excited when you see them.
- You have been “pointing” with your thumb or entire hand for months now but you have now started to isolate your pointer finger to point.
- We have been working on improving your sign language and you will now sign more for things other than food, such as kisses. It is quite adorable. You also will sign milk when you are thirsty. We continue to work on signing “Water”, “Thank You” and “Please” as well as the signs for many animals.
- You will raise you arm in the air to mimic an Elephant trunk, thump your hands on your chest like a Gorilla, and put your hand up when the train is going by as if you are pulling the horn.
- When you are hungry, especially before dinner, you will make your way over to the pantry, try to open the doors and sign eat so that we will give you a snack. You are pretty smart!!
- You can show us where your head, ears, tongue, mouth, hands, belly button and feet are, and you can show us where our noses are.
- You have started to shake your head for “Yes” and you will point to yourself when we say “Mine”.
- Your favorite word is “Hieeee”. Not sure if you are saying “Hi” or if you just like the way the word sounds.
- You love playing in water, but loathe the bath (again!). Go figure.
- Your favorite place to be is outside.
- Sitting in adult chairs or climbing on the couch is an addiction of yours. You cruise on over and fuss until we pull you up. Once we have helped you achieve your goal, you smile and become so excited. You actually were able to climb up onto the couch on your own a couple of times on your 15 month birthday!! We could be in some serious trouble soon.
- You LOVE playing peek-a-boo, grabbing our hands to encourage us to row and sing “Row, row, row, your boat”, and successfully gesturing to “The Wheels on the Bus”.
- You understand so much of what we say, it is truly amazing. I often wonder if all of a sudden you will start blurting out actual words in between all of your constant babbling.
- You have entered a phase of picky eating and boy oh boy, is it a pain. Many of your favorite foods are flung to the floor within seconds. Broccoli, strawberries, blueberries, quesadillas, waffles….all get tossed. I have found that you enjoy Turkey Dogs so I’m hoping they remain on your will-eat list. Luckily, you still love milk, yogurt, cheese, raspberries and oranges….for now.
- You are much cuddlier these days, giving us lots of kisses and hugs. You are just so sweet.
- I’m sure I’m forgetting something!!
I’m looking forward to the next month, witnessing your improvements with walking, going to local farms, apple picking, watching the leaves change color and enjoying beautiful Autumn in New England.
You are the sunshine of my life,
Mommy




No comments:
Post a Comment