NOT!!!
Meet our 4th resident. Heebie jeebies, heebie jeebies.......
Meet our 4th resident. Heebie jeebies, heebie jeebies.......
Remember this post from a few weeks ago? Well the only time there hasn't been a huge intricate web weaved between the umbrella and one of our tiki lanterns was during hurricane Irene. I wonder where he hid out during that storm?!? This is the spider that won't quit...he (or she, I have no clue) must get some great catches each night.
I snapped this picture at around 7:45 tonight and I just checked in on the fellow and he is busy fixing all of the gaps in the web that were caused by last night's victims. He moves so swiftly and gracefully, truly an amazing artist. He only appears at night, during the day, he hangs out underneath the protection of the lantern.
With his legs out (he curls up frequently), he is probably between the size of a nickel and a quarter. Brown/orange in color with some faint spots. Close up his legs look similar to crab legs with little spurs or hairs on them, I assume used for web building.
We can't bring ourselves to kill him. Chris flicked him into the grass last week in hopes that he would go away but that night he just weaved another web. He is no fool. The good news is that we always know where he is hiding...so far anyway...as I write this I keep feeling something on my arms. HEEBIE JEEBIES!!
I snapped this picture at around 7:45 tonight and I just checked in on the fellow and he is busy fixing all of the gaps in the web that were caused by last night's victims. He moves so swiftly and gracefully, truly an amazing artist. He only appears at night, during the day, he hangs out underneath the protection of the lantern.
With his legs out (he curls up frequently), he is probably between the size of a nickel and a quarter. Brown/orange in color with some faint spots. Close up his legs look similar to crab legs with little spurs or hairs on them, I assume used for web building.
We can't bring ourselves to kill him. Chris flicked him into the grass last week in hopes that he would go away but that night he just weaved another web. He is no fool. The good news is that we always know where he is hiding...so far anyway...as I write this I keep feeling something on my arms. HEEBIE JEEBIES!!



I wouldn't want to be the one to kill that beast. Goo. -Ang
ReplyDelete