Pages

Thursday, June 23, 2011

Tips and Tricks

I just love coming across tips and tricks to make life's little tasks that much easier. One of my most recent favorites is when loading the dishwasher, to load cutlery together by utensil type.  All spoons together, all forks together, etc.  That way, it makes emptying the dishwasher much easier since you don't have to sort.  Since I HATE emptying the dishwasher, this saves me a little bit of time. Yes, this is pretty basic, and I'm surprised I didn't think of it already, but sometimes you just have to learn something from someone else.

A couple of days ago, I came across this awesome technique for peeling kiwi.  I tried it last night while peeling kiwi for Evelina and it worked like a charm.  So much easier for me than dealing with the slippery little suckers in conjunction with a paring knife.  Chris will be very happy, considering I am extremely accident prone when slicing, chopping, or peeling.  

1 comment:

  1. I was going to pick up some kiwi at the grocery store last night to try the trick you speak of. They were so sorry looking I thought I had better wait until a nicer batch arrives. I always shave too much off of my kiwi so I want to try this.

    ReplyDelete