Pages

Saturday, June 18, 2011

1st Birthday Party Recap


Even though the weather Gods decided to change the weather forecast 24-hours prior to Evelina's 1st birthday party from party cloudy and 70s to rainy and 60s, we still had a lot of fun.  Evelina's empty playroom was the perfect space for her toys and the space kept all of the kids busy for hours.  Phew!!  

While we were planning Evelina's party, I was frequently asked if we would be having a 1st birthday party for Evelina. When I replied yes, everyone would roll their eyes and say, "She won't remember it anyway." This I know, but it was still a day to be celebrated...a celebration of life, a celebration of Chris and I surviving the first year of parenthood.  A life changing and amazing year!!  Something to truly be celebrated with the ones we love and those who helped us make it through.  Because, it really does take a village!!  

If you'd like to check out some pictures from Evelina's 1st birthday shindig, click here.  I regret not taking more photos but it was a busy day.  Thanks Charity and Auntie KK for taking over. 

1 comment:

  1. What!? Of course she won't remember! The party is for you and your husband to remember. I still look back on my daughter's first party and smile. Besides when she is 10 or 15 or 20 she can look at her first birthday party, her cake what she looked like, etc...

    How sad it would be to say "Sorry, hon. We didn't have a party for you because you know - you wouldn't remember it anyway!" Sheesh!

    ReplyDelete