Today, I am 27 weeks pregnant!! Hard to believe that my second "golden" trimester is coming to a close this week and the third trimester is just around the corner. It is so gorgeous out today that I'm hoping this weather continues and I will be updating the blog while sitting on the deck under the umbrella in weeks to come.
Although I still feel great, I am definitely experiencing more aches and pains. My right hip gets tight, my back gets achy, my feet get tired and I get lovely calf pain during the night....oh and we can't forget about the lovely heartburn. But overall, I'm not complaining. If all of this is in the name of Cashina growing healthy and strong, I am all for it and wouldn't have it any other way. I keep saying I am going to attend a pre-natal yoga class but all of my normal daily activities have a way of getting in the way. Maybe this will be the week.
This week Cashina weighs around 2lbs and is about 14in in total length. Cashina's lungs and immune system will mature this week as she continues to prepare for her grand entrance into the world. If born today, she would have an 85-90% chance of survival as her lungs are capable of breathing air but she would require medical assistance. We don't want to expose her to that so keep growing Cashina!! Her brain tissues and neurons are developing at a rapid pace as the forebrain grows to cover the rest of the brain, resulting in some important brain development. Let's hope she gets Chris' smarts :-)
Up this week, my glucose tolerance test....ick. Hoping I pass and my sweet tooth hasn't effected me negatively. But either way, I am still wondering when DQ is going to open!!



No comments:
Post a Comment