Pages

Saturday, March 13, 2010

Pregnancy Progress: Week 26

Today, I am 26 weeks pregnant!! 98 days until my due date and two-thirds of the way there!! I said it yesterday and will say it again....Yowsa!! As I write she is giving me some nice kicks and taps around my belly button. She must have enjoyed the Kashi Go-Lean and OJ that were on the menu for breakfast. Hopefully the Omega-3's will go straight to her developing brain.

Her movements have definitely been more frequent this week and some of them have even felt more like pushes on my stomach instead of just kicks. Strange feeling. I even pushed a foot or hand away yesterday and then she bopped me. Before I got up this morning, Chris was trying to get her to kick for him and of course within a second of him moving his hand away she gave me a swift kick to the belly button. She is tricky that Cashina. He felt a little vibration a few minutes later but we are still waiting for that good hard kick for her papa!!

Cashina's eyes have been sealed shut to allow her retinas to develop but this week they are likely to open and begin to blink. Her eyes are also developing the ability to focus, although she'll only be able to see objects 6 to 8 inches away at birth.

Her nostrils are opening up, so she'll be able to practice breathing through her nose as well as her mouth. Her lungs continue to mature and if born today she would have an 80% chance of survival. But, she still has a lot of growing to do!! Keep it up Cashina!!

This past week we ordered Cashina's crib but we still need to decide on dressers and a rocker/glider. We also put the security deposit down for daycare so they are ready for us come September/October. I am excited for her to make little friends :-)

No comments:

Post a Comment