Pages

Friday, March 12, 2010

Double Digits

When I think of the number 99, my mind immediately goes to the restaurant and to the ever popular, “99 bottles of beer on the wall, 99 bottles of beer, take one down, pass it around, 98 bottles of beer on the wall….” song. Since I have never been much of a beer drinker and have been abstaining from all alcoholic beverages since week 3 of pregnancy (well, except for the small amount of Pinot Grigio I had the other night), these days 99 can only refer to “99 days until my due date, 99 days to go…”. Yowsa… double digits. It is so amazing to think that in the last 181 days a little miracle has been growing hands, feet, fingers, toes, eyes, ears, organs, even hair and nails, all inside a sack full of fluid in MY stomach!! It has been such a wonderful experience so far, despite the initial scares/worries, and I can’t wait for the remaining 99 days.

In celebration of double digits, I am going to indulge in Mexican for lunch and maybe, just maybe, I will not have heartburn for once…..which is doubtful. It will still be worth it!!

No comments:

Post a Comment