Today, I am 25 weeks pregnant!! I am still feeling pretty darn good and I am afraid I may jinx myself for saying so!! At my pre-natel appointment this week all was as it should be. Cashina's heart was beating strong at about 155 beats per minute and she was just chilling out. I gained a smidgen over 3 pounds since my last appointment which puts me up only 13 pounds. I may add a snack in the afternoon to make sure Cashina is getting all of the nutrients she needs to continue to grow healthy and strong.
As for Cashina she most likely weighs about 1.5 pounds and is now approximately the size of an eggplant. The structure of her spine is beginning to form, her hands are fully developed, her nostrils are beginning to open, and she is starting to fatten up to become the butterball she will be upon birth. Her skin is still wrinkly but it is changing from translucent to pink due to capillaries forming in her body. Blood vessels in her lungs will also develop this week helping her lungs to mature by the day. Even Cashina's sense of smell is developing!! One study shows that babies whose moms ate lots of garlic responded more strongly to the smell after birth.
This week we plan to order Cashina's furniture, get an estimate on painting the nursery (and fixing some of the molding issues we've see due to the house settling), schedule childbirth class, and secure Cashina's spot at daycare. Time seems to be flying by!!



No comments:
Post a Comment