Pages

Friday, April 23, 2010

Pregnancy Weight Gain

Over the past couple of weeks I’ve been getting a lot of, “You’re all baby” comments. Well, I hope that Cashina doesn’t weigh 19.5 pounds already!! I found this chart which does a much better job at explaining where all my weight gain is potentially going/will go.


Pregnancy weight gain is amazing and seeing the breakdown of where the weight goes is cool as well as reassuring to know it isn’t all just fat build-up...on my body that is. I definitely think I eat more than I did pre-pregnancy (no, not eating for 2 as people love to say) but it may be all in my head considering I now eat 6-7 small meals/snacks a day instead of the 3-4 larger meals I would have had pre-pregnancy.

I’m pretty sure that I will gain the recommended 25-35 pounds by the end of pregnancy which doesn’t bother me. As long as Cashina isn’t one of those huge 10 pounders (or maybe even a 9 pounder) I should be okay. Here is my poundage breakdown to date:

From 0-16 weeks: Up 3 pounds
From 16-21 weeks: Up 7 pounds – yowsa, what was I eating?
From 21-25 weeks: Up 3 pounds
From 25-29 weeks: Up 5 pounds
From 29-31 weeks: Up 1 ½ pounds
Total to date: 19 ½ pounds

No comments:

Post a Comment