Pages

Saturday, April 3, 2010

Pregnancy Progress: Week 29

Today, I am 29 weeks pregnant!! Only 77 days (about) to go!! June is going to be here in no time and I can’t wait for my shower in May (mostly because I will get to see Auntie K and Grandpa)…not that I won’t love being around family and friends while getting “showered” with gifts of course.

Cashina has matured from the size of an eggplant to the size of a squash (not sure what kind of squash) and will remain squash-like until around 32 weeks. She is weighs approximately 2lbs 12ozs and is about 15 ½” in total length - about the length of a loaf of bread. If she were born this week, she would have a 9 out of 10 chance of survival, which is fantastic news!! BUT…we still want her to keep baking away inside my growing belly until at least 37 or 38 weeks. Her growth has begun to slow down now, but she will still gain roughly 4-5 pounds between now and birth.

Cashina’s brain can now control her breathing and body temperature. She can also cough, and her sucking abilities have been perfected…look out me J If we could observe her, we would be able to see her making faces, frowning, grimacing and making what looks like a smile (although a true smile won’t occur until she is at least 6 weeks old). All five of her senses are developing well. She is increasingly sensitive to changes in light, sound, taste and smell and she may even indicate preferences for particular tastes and odors by giving me a swift kick. Whatever I eat will flavor the amniotic fluid which she drinks lots of each day.

I continue to have no complaints. I’m enjoying the pregnancy and spending time with my little mover everyday. I consider it a special time between the two of us since once she is born, I will have to share her with everyone else!!

No comments:

Post a Comment