Pages

Friday, April 2, 2010

Fun Day!!

Yesterday my mom came down for a visit to tag along to my 28-week appointment. She was excited to meet one of the midwives I’ve been seeing, ask questions and check-in on Cashina with me (I was excited to have her there too). It was a fun day filled with yummy lunch and a positive appointment all capped off with baby girl clothes shopping…I think we could have bought the entire store but we tried to restrain ourselves.

I can’t believe it is already that time when I need to start going in every 2 weeks instead of once a month. This is really happening!! In less then 3 months I am going to be a “mommy” and Chris a papa.

I gained 5 more pounds since my last appointment which puts me up 18 pounds. If I were to take a guess, I would think by delivery day, I will have gained about 30 pounds. A little more then I had planned but still in healthy range. We will have to see.

Cashina had a nice heartbeat in the 140-150 range and she was head down (let’s hope she stays that way!!) and facing right. My mom got to feel for her as well and she thinks she is an average size baby which is good news. I just think it is amazing that they (my midwife and my mom) were able to tell her position just by feeling my belly externally. That is a talent.

It was a great day and I was glad to spend it with my “mommy” and baby. I think it will be even more fun once Cashina is here in the flesh…..not much longer now!!

No comments:

Post a Comment