Today, I am 31 weeks pregnant!! Only 63 days (about) to go!! I think that each week is going by faster then the one before. With each week that passes I get more and more anxious about making sure that everything is done that needs to be done….poor Chris has to deal with my lists and demands (sorry beb!!). We all know how OCD I can be and how I like everything to be organized so, with that, I have put the pressure on myself to make sure that everything is in place BEFORE Cashina enters the world so I won’t have to worry about it once we bring her home. I’m not naïve and realize that there will be some things I just can’t get to but I will try my best while still trying to partake in lots of relaxation time. I just like to be prepared since we all know there will be new things to occupy Chris and my time once home with our little one.This week, Cashina weighs approximately 3 ½ lbs and is about 16” in total length. Her lungs and brain will continue to mature this week and her skin, which has been wrinkled, now will become pink and smooth as fat cells fill out her body. Her bones are now fully developed (although still soft) and she’ll begin building up her owns stores of iron and calcium which means I need to make sure I get enough myself.
Cashina is also starting to run out of space so her movements have transitioned from dramatic movements and kicks to more rolling, slow movements (which I sometimes refer to as her kneading dough) without as much kicking. She often startles me or causes me to look at my belly in an effort to figure out what in the heck she is actually doing in there. I still haven’t seen a foot imprint but I wouldn’t be surprised if I did soon. Anyone looking at my belly during one of her active periods would be able to see it shifting around or even changing shape. Maybe I should try to capture it on video.
At my pre-natal appointment this week Cashina’s heartbeat was beating strong in the 150s and she was still head down facing right. At this point, my midwife thinks she will stay in a head down position which hopefully will be the case. She will still need to get in the correct position for delivery but we won’t worry about that just yet. I only gained another 1 ½ lbs since my last appointment 2 weeks ago which puts me up 19 ½ pounds.
Our first childbirth class this weekend kicks off a busy next month which will include painting, decorating, childbirth and newborn preparation classes, baby shower (and finding a home for all of the baby gear in our house!!), maternity photo shoot, dealing with my nesting instinct, etc. By the time May 16th rolls around, I think I will be in need of a massage (hint, hint). All of this will be happening as Cashina packs on the pounds and my tummy continues to expand.



No comments:
Post a Comment