Pages

Friday, May 13, 2011

Spring!!

The very definition of Spring to me is when the lilacs bloom.  They are for sure one of my favorite flowers and I look forward to each April/May when their little blossoms open.  When I was growing up we had huge purple and white Lilac bushes in our yard and the aroma would always fill the house with their yummy scent. Every time I walk by a lilac bush, I am transported back to my youth and our old house.  White pitchers filled with lilac blossoms decorating each room.  

 
We have planted a few tiny bushes (thanks Mimi and Poppy) but it will be a couple of years before they actually produce flowers.  Until then, I will just sneak off to the huge bush a block away and steal some blooms.  Nobody will ever know...except my side kick, Evelina.     

1 comment:

  1. I bet nobody would care. I begged my neighbors to take some of mine to put in their homes. I hated to see all the beauty and aroma go to waste outside. It is nice in the evenings when the breeze blows it across the yard. Makes walking the dogs a little more enjoyable.

    I brought two huge bundles into my house. This year the cats finally left them alone!

    ReplyDelete