Pages

Saturday, May 7, 2011

11 Months!!

Dear Evelina,
You are 11 months!!  I've said it before and I will say it again, time is just zooming by.  With each blink of my eyes, another month goes by and you move closer and closer to becoming a toddler.  One month closer to celebrating your first birthday milestone, one month closer to walking and talking, one month closer to becoming more independent.

Last month had to be one of our most challenging months, but it brought forth one of the most fun months with you, sweet Evelina. The past month was full of so much happiness, so many giggles and smiles, so much excitement and so many accomplishments.

Your fun-loving, jovial personality has really shined through over the past month and you are feeling more and more comfortable about sharing it with others, including strangers.  You still remain a constant observer but you have really enjoyed opening up to others by flashing your pearly whites and waving at anyone (including your reflection in the mirror or Prince William and Kate while they were waving to on-lookers in preparation for their big kiss on the balcony after the Royal Wedding) and anything (trees, the grass, the sky, your toys)


You can now officially crawl on your hands and knees, but you often prefer your unique crawling technique which involves dragging your bum across the floor in a swift fashion.  Either way, you successfully make it from point A to point B with a smile and determination all your own.  You especially enjoy crawling toward shoes, they are most definitely your favorite non-toy, even if they don't taste very good, yuk.  Along with crawling, you can easily transition to a sitting position from laying down and have been known to fall asleep while sitting up and then hunching over, it could quite possibly be one of the cutest things, although, I can't imagine very comfortable.  You are an expert at pulling up to your knees and have completely pulled up to standing on many occasions.  Even though you love to stand and play, if you can only make it to your knees, you are happy, it doesn't take much to please you...well, sometimes that is.  Your other new skill, clapping.  You will clap when you are happy, when you hear music, when I say "Yaaayyy!!!" and clap with you, or just if you feel like it...in between all of your waving.


As we countdown to your first birthday, I can't help but think about how far you've come since your first moment on earth, how much you have learned and grown, and how much I love you.  I can't imagine life without you. There are still moments that I need to pinch myself because I honestly can't believe you are our daughter.  That we were lucky enough to be blessed by you each day. To be the recipients of your smiles, laughter, waves, hugs and kisses.  To be able to experience every day through your eyes, all the while making me want to be a better person...for you.  Happy 11 months sweet girl. 

You are the sunshine of my life,
Mommy

No comments:

Post a Comment