| A "hand"-made bouquet from Evelina |
Last Sunday, I had the privilege of celebrating my very first mother's day. It was a lovely day spent with my sweet husband, my darling Evelina, and the most wonderful Mimi and Poppy (previously known as Grumpa). A day filled with touching messages, pretty flowers, burgers on the grill, delectable strawberry shortcake...and we can't forget lots of kisses, hugs and giggles.
There are many days that I still don't feel like I am really a mother. Pregnancy was a surreal experience and motherhood has proven to be similar. Throughout childhood, adolescence and early adulthood, I was never one of those women that dreamed about having children. I never enjoyed babysitting or being around other people's kids. Perhaps because I was the youngest of the family? Even after Chris and I got married, we still weren't sure, but turned a corner and started yearning for a little one....and I'm so thankful, we're so thankful.
| Any resemblance what so ever? Eyes? Smile? Nose? Something? |
Evelina is the light of my life, she brings a smile to my face each day just by simply being who she is. She can be happy or cranky, up during the night or sleeping like a dream, easy or challenging, healthy or sick, independent or clingy, but no matter what, I am lucky enough to be her mother, and I wouldn't change a thing. I love her more than life itself and I can't wait to celebrate mother's day with her for many more years to come.
![]() |
| We love you Mimi, you are the best!! |





My little girl is now 20 years old. The time zips by. You have this blog to keep those memories alive. Are you saving the blog off onto the hard drive? Because recently blogger went off-line and a lot of us thought "What if it never comes back?"
ReplyDeleteI do download the blog every now and then and have my posts emailed to me. I thinking of making a Blurb book though which would be fun to look through when I'm done with blogging.
ReplyDelete