Pages

Friday, March 11, 2011

9 Month Stats

Today was Evelina's 9 month well-baby visit (with a sick visit thrown in).  No vaccines today...yippee!!

Overall, Evelina is the picture of health, with the exception of the cold that has been plaguing her over the past couple of weeks.  She had a fever on Monday and Tuesday of this week and wouldn't sleep long stretches at night unless in the car seat which led us to believe that she may have an ear infection, but her ears looked good, in addition to her lungs being clear.  She is definitely feeling better, but her 2 front teeth are currently erupting and just looking at her inflamed, blistered gums causes us pain...we can only imagine how she must be feeling. Ouch.   Our other concern? Bottle feedings.  Remember this post?  Well, this is happening again, but much worse.  Today she only ate about 13oz down from a usual 24ish, taking about 45 minutes to eat only 3-4oz.  All I can say is that I am worried about her.  My patience is wearing extremely thin and as frustrating as it is, I just want to make sure she isn't starving while trying not to force her to eat.  I never imagined bottle feeding would be this difficult.  Zantac is going to be increased again, we are praying it will work and once her 2 front teeth are cut feedings will get easier. 

In terms of development, she is on track with all of her milestones...even if she isn't crawling quite yet.  Of course, I am constantly worried about her development but her pediatrician assured me that she is doing well and excelling socially.  There are 4 areas of development, gross motor, fine motor, social and language.  Most babies focus on one area most often and based on her pediatrician's observation, Evelina's focus is on the social area followed by language and fine motor.  He also mentioned that crawling isn't a developmental milestone.  I'm not sure if I agree with him (I guess different pediatricians have different beliefs about this) so we will continue to give her as much tummy time to maximize her chances of actually crawling!!  Clearly, she is not a gross motor focus bambina. 

Evelina's Stats...
Weight: 16lbs 13oz (15th %ile) - WOW!!  Up from the 7.4%ile at her 6 month check up, I guess solids are agreeing with her. What's also crazy is that she has gained 11lbs exactly from her birth weight. Way to go bean!!

Length: 28" (63rd %ile) - She seems so much longer to us, but I think it's because she is a skinny-mini. 

Head Circumference: 17.5" (63rd %ile) - Slowing down for sure, only grew 1/2" since her 6 month. Chris is happy about this but from what I've read, it is completely normal for the head to go through a spurt in the first 4 months and then level off.  

Next appointment is at 12 months (already??)...more shots.  Boo. 

2 comments:

  1. Sarah, I'm glad she's at the point where she can eat solids at least. I'm with you though, I was sooo close to scheduling Holly with a GI specialist. We are finding getting solids a challenge.. namely the exit strategy for said solids. Not looking good so far. Yikes! Hurray for Lina and her growth.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Luckily no spit up though which is a relief :-)
    I think their digestive tracks are more mature when they hit 6 months, you could always wait a bit.

    ReplyDelete