During Evelina's dinnertime last night, a couple of exciting things happened.
- She officially waved hello for the first time!! Over the past couple of months, she had appeared to be waving by lifting her arms and pivoting her wrists but last night it was an actual wave and it was so very cute. I had just started feeding her dinner and Chris was on his way downstairs. As he was approaching, I said to Evelina, "Where's your Dada? Here he comes!", and when he came into sight, Chris and I both waved to her saying "Hi Lina". She proceeded to lift her right hand and open and shut her fingers in the wave motion. The cutest part being that her hand was facing her so it looked like she was actually waving to herself. Gotta love mimicking. So adorable.
- She drank from a straw for the first time!! We've been giving her a sippy cup with water since she was about 6 months and had also attempted giving her a straw sippy (easier to hold, don't have to tip back, and from what I've read, better for oral and speech development) but she just couldn't figure out that she had to suck on the straw to get the water, instead she would chew on it/play with it. After a little bit of research, I came across the Lil' Gripper Straw Trainer. The great thing about this sippy is that you can squeeze water out of the straw teaching the baby that there is something in the cup and if they suck, they will be rewarded with liquid. I presented this cup to Evelina last night at dinner and she immediately started sucking...and I didn't even need to squeeze the water out for her. So awesome!! Granted, she did some back-washing and would take a little too much and cough but she did it!! Yay!!
And, because you all know I'm sentimental, a year ago on St. Patty's Day, I wrote about this....what a difference a year makes!!
Enjoy the beautiful Spring day.



No comments:
Post a Comment