Pages

Thursday, March 10, 2011

9 Months!!

Dear Evelina,
You are now a whopping 9 months old!! Only 3 short months remain until we celebrate your momentous first birthday. I find myself getting emotional just thinking about it; it feels like just yesterday when you made your appearance into the world and I officially became a mother. You’ve grown and developed so much in the past 9 months, but you are still my sweet little baby and always will be…even when you are 34 like your Mama.

Over the past couple of weeks you have been suffering from another cold, topped off with the arrival of 2 new teeth in celebration of your 9 month birthday.  Your cough, congestion and possible teething pain have been causing you to be extremely fussy and agitated with lots of waking during the night in need of cuddles, rocking and the occasional dose of ibuprofen. Drinking from your bottle and eating solids have proven to be some of your least favorite activities and I certainly don’t blame you, Mama loses her appetite when she is sick too.  It saddens us to see you in so much discomfort and we wish we could make it all better.  

Despite your cold, you enjoy playing with any toy that that you can shake, shake, shake or bang against another toy.  You love turning pages of books, standing up at your Zany Zoo, or exploring anything new.  And of course, you still love to put everything into your month, including books as I'm reading you stories.  You have made some small improvements towards crawling and will sometimes scoot forward after pushing your bum into the air; otherwise, you perform your tummy time 360s with a swiftness that I can’t believe.  

You are now 100% formula-fed.  On your 9 month birthday, you consumed your last bottle of breast milk…even though you hated every minute of it due to your cold.  It makes me sad knowing that the breastfeeding chapter of your infancy is now over but I’m also proud that I gave you as much as I could considering the circumstances.  You have also started to eat a variety of finger foods with success.  Your favorites being roasted broccoli and cauliflower; if your diet could consist primarily of these 2 veggies as well as yogurt and blueberries, you would always be content.  This month, we are going to start giving you cheese…yummy!! 


My sweet little Lina bean, as I watch you grow and discover new things each day, I can't help but think about all of your little habits and mannerism that I never want to forget.  How you always stamp your feet into your crib and give big smiles when we reach to pick you up, how you favor sleeping on your side while clutching Gigi in your arms, how you prop yourself up on our chests when we are holding you and inspect our faces while babbling, smiling and raising your eyebrows, how you giggle when we play peek-a-boo or get excited when I say "I'm gonna get you!!", how you look toward Violet’s bed when we say “Where’s Violet?”, how I catch you untying bows whenever you see one, how you try so hard to turn on your crib mobile with some success (while I spy on you via the video monitor), and how you love blowing razzberries.  Every moment is filled with little tidbits of fun and personality.  There is never a shortage of smiles and you bring so much joy into our lives each day. 

All I can hope for this month is that you feel better and stay healthy.  Your first winter has been rough but we are looking forward to spring-like temperatures arriving so we can spend time outdoors enjoying the soft green grass, new leaves sprouting on the trees and all of the beautiful blooming flowers.  

You are the sunshine of my life,
Mommy

No comments:

Post a Comment