Pages

Saturday, January 16, 2010

Pregnancy Progress: Week 18

Today, I am 18 weeks pregnant!! When each new week arrives it always seems like it will go by so slowly but then as it comes to an end it feels as if it just flew by. I think back to when I was only 5 weeks pregnant and taking a pregnancy test every morning to make sure it was really true and I can't believe I've made it to 18 weeks (and looking forward to 22 more!!), have a baby about the size of a sweet potato growing away, and it is a girl. It has been and continues to be such a surreal experience.

I "think" I started feeling Cashina move over the past few days. It is tough to know if it is actually her since some of her movements could actually be gas bubbles but I have felt some bubbles and a scratching sensation that actually tickles and causes me to have to scratch back...ha!! I usually feel the scratching in the same area each time and typically when I am sitting watching TV or at my desk at work. I can't wait to actually KNOW it is her instead of just speculating.

So, this week, Cashina will start to produce feces and store them in the colon....we better start saving for all of those diapers we will need!! Cashina will also start to hear better this week and will start to here my heartbeat and blood moving through the umbilical cord. Most importantly, Cashina will be busy this week building a strong heart and muscles...GO CASHINA!!

We will be going in for our fetal survey this week which is an ultrasound where they will check all of Cashina's organs to make sure they are growing as they should. So far so good so we are keeping our fingers crossed for more great results.

No comments:

Post a Comment