Chris and I had the pleasure of having an elective ultrasound yesterday thanks to my most fabulous Mom and Cash flashed the goods to reveal that she's a GIRL!! We are going to have a daughter!! It still doesn't feel real to me that we can actually say "she" and "her" when we speak about her but I don't think there is any mistaking that we saw girl parts. No part of what we saw looked like a hot dog to me :-) Cashina (as Chris has been calling her) was extremely active and quite the squirmer so it was hard to get still pictures of her. I think it may have had something to do with the 20oz Sprite I drank on the way to the appointment that got her going. Perhaps I will avoid all of that sugar the next time.
We caught her sucking her thumb, opening and closing her mouth, snuggling up next to the placenta, putting her hands in front of her face and we even got to see her full bladder which I am sure was getting ready to burst like mine almost was.
I think this has been one of the most exciting moments of the pregnancy (other than seeing and hearing the heartbeat for the first time) and I am glad my Mom could be there to share it with us.
2D Profile

3D of Face; left hand in front of face, the mass on the right is the placenta
3D of face; sucking thumb of right hand, left hand in front of face, placenta on right



No comments:
Post a Comment