After much hesitation, research, reading parent reviews and feedback on forums, I finally pulled the trigger and made our first “big” purchase…..a car seat for Cashina!! I felt a little strange buying something so soon but got over it when I found the exact model we were looking for at a great price. It certainly pays to scour the internet for deals and not settle for Babies ‘R’ Us.Of course, our decision didn’t come without many questions. Should we go with Graco (since everyone I know has one) or Chicco (with the highest safety rating)? 22lb, 30lb or 32lb weight limit? Is it really important to be able to put the car set onto the front of a shopping cart or in a high chair at a restaurant? When it came down to it, the most important factor to consider had to be safety and since Chicco received the highest safety rating from Consumer Reports we thought it would be worth it, even with some of the cons, to keep our little one safe.
So what if we can’t put the car seat in the front of a shopping cart or on a high chair? It is most definitely not very safe and I would like to avoid visions of top heavy carts toppling or someone bumping the high chair!! When the car seat gets to heavy to lift it and Cashina, we will just have to pick her up. A part of me believes she won’t mind anyway.
One of the best features of the car seat (other than everything I’ve read about it says it is super easy to install), the fabric. It is fun and graphic and not too girlie so I hope that Cashina likes it too. I also think it will coordinate with both of our car’s black interior perfectly…I know, I know…the things I think about are maddening.



Super cute! I love the colors! Very bright and cheerful! Yellow was always YOUR fav color. I was looking on the Chicco site and you they ahve the play yard you want in the same pattern. I know it doesn't match the living room, but it's fun! XOXO
ReplyDelete