Pages

Sunday, January 10, 2010

Are you going to find out the gender?

The two original gender symbols are derived from astronomical symbols; male being the symbol for Mars and Female for Venus (I never knew this!!). Hence, men are from Mars and women are from Venus (I knew this!!). The symbols were first used to denote the effective gender of plants by Carolus Linnaeus in 1751.

If baby Cash cooperates this Tuesday, we will hopefully find out his or her gender!! Originally I was leaning toward not finding out until delivery day but as Chris and I started talking about baby names during one afternoon car trip I thought it would be so much easier to only have to pick a name for one gender instead of two. Chris didn’t mind either way but my family was hoping we would find out so they could shop for colors other than yellow and green…even though I have made it clear that we don’t want just pink or blue things either!!

Everyone seems to want to know if we would prefer a certain gender over the other and honestly we don’t have our heart set on either gender. We are just hoping that the little one is healthy and strong and no matter what the gender, we can’t wait to meet him or her on delivery day. Even though we will know the gender, the surprise of meeting the baby we created together will be the biggest moment and surprise of our lives. Hey, and there’s always a chance that the gender determination was incorrect, right?

I have had a feeling since the beginning that it is a girl, not sure why I have the feeling but I do none the less. But the other night, I had my first dream about gender and it was a boy. So the mystery is just waiting to be solved…let’s hope Cash isn’t too modest!!

1 comment: