Pages

Thursday, August 9, 2012

2.0 | 30 Weeks

How far along? 30 Weeks
Baby’s Size: Cucumber
Total Weight Gain: 24 ½ lbs. Yowsa...that is  A LOT of weight gain for 4-5 weeks.  I gained less than 30 lbs when pregnant with Evelina so hopefully it starts to slow down a bit from now until delivery. 
Maternity Clothes: Yes.
Gender: Little girl #2!!
Movement: Lots and lots, she can be quite the crazy girl.     
Sleep: Hasn't been so bad for the most part, despite having another cold and Evelina having to join us in bed many nights.  It could be worse.  
Symptoms:  Some swelling, mostly on the left side of my body which I find strange.  Although, this week it isn't as bad, perhaps because the weather is a tad cooler (well, except for yesterday and today).  I also have another head cold, a common occurrence throughout this pregnancy. 
Best Moments this week: Celebrating our 5th wedding anniversary!!    
Food Aversions: Nothing.   
Food Cravings: Sweets.  Sadly, I must stop eating them and must cut out my favorite summer drink, Arnold Palmer's....unless it is a sugar free version which is never as good :-( 
What I miss: Energy and eating what I want. 
What I am looking forward to: Completely un-pregnancy related, our family vacation coming up in a couple of weeks!!   
What Else?  I failed both the 1-hour and 3-hour glucose tolerance tests, so I am officially a gestational diabetic.  :-(  I had a feeling that I wouldn't pass the 1-hour test since I was on the cusp while pregnant with Evelina and I don't feel that I've been eating as well with the pregnancy, but I didn't think I would fail the 3-hour test.  Needless to say, I now have to count carbs at every meal, check my blood sugar 4 times a day, and visit the diabetes clinic once a week.  Just another thing to add to my list of to-dos everyday, a list that is already runneth over.  What I have to keep telling myself is that it is all for a good cause, to ensure Siby arrives healthy and preferably NOT 9+ lbs. This may even be a blessing in disguise for Chris and I.  For the most part, a diabetic diet is structured the way that everyone should actually eat, a balance of protein and carbs without lots of sugar.  So perhaps, it will help with weight lose after Siby is born!! 

2 comments:

  1. You're a trooper Sarah! I guess your gut feeling was right about the sugars. I am sure everything will turn out okay and Siby won't hurt her mama on her way out. Are you getting used to poking your finger?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Finger pricking isn't so bad :-)

    ReplyDelete