Pages

Tuesday, July 31, 2012

First Pedicure

I've been wanting to paint Evelina's toe nails for some time now, but I always forget to buy quick-drying nail polish, and/or when I've asked her if she wants me to paint them, she replies "no".  

When I walked by the nail polish aisle during my weekly Target run over the weekend, I decided to select a couple of color options for her to choose from.  As soon as she saw the little bottles she asked "What's that?" and when I told her, she became excited about the possibility of painted toes.  She chose pink. 


I strapped her into her booster seat and started painting.  She was intrigued throughout the entire process and of course she wanted to paint them herself (umm...I don't think so!!).  I told her not to touch them until they dried, which was only about 2 minutes with the quick-drying polish.  She was amazingly patient.  
 
She just LOVES hers "toe nails" with a passion.  She is very proud of them and enjoys staring at them and talking about them.  Yesterday on the way to school, Chris was asking her if she was going to show them to her teachers. She proceeded to take her shoes off in the car and wouldn't let Chris put them back on until she was able to show off her tootsies.  All throughout the day, she kept taking her shoes off and saying "Mommy paint toe nails!!".  She is just too adorable for words sometimes!!  

I'm a little nervous to see how she will react when I remove the polish before applying a new color.  I foresee some tears in our future. When it was time for her bath on the first night her toes were polished, she was quite upset, thinking that the polish was going to wash off like the paint she uses for art painting.  Once she figured out it was on there for good, she was in a much better place.  Toddlers are too funny. 

No comments:

Post a Comment