Pages

Thursday, August 16, 2012

The Elephant

“I meant what I said and I said what I meant. An elephant's faithful one-hundred percent!”
-- Dr. Seuss, Horton Hatches the Egg 

When planning Evelina's nursery, it was a given that owls would be one of the elements of her room considering the cute sheets I found with an owl/tree print.  This time around, I was stumped.  As I surfed Etsy for inspiration, I came across a few cute elephant accessories and thought they would be perfect.  I often think of my late Grandma whenever I see an elephant.  She loved them, and had quite the little collection of the creatures since they are revered for bringing luck to those who possess them.  I can only hope that Siby will be showered in good luck throughout her life with the presence of her elephants.    

A few of the elephant accessories for Siby's nursery: 
  1. A cute elephant plush/pillow
  2. An elephant mobile for over the changing table
  3. A purple changing pad cover with elephants
  4. An elephant lovie.  Hopefully this will be Siby's equivalent of Evelina's beloved giraffe lovie, "Gigi".  We plan to name her "Ellie"...I know, super creative once again. 
Of course, this doesn't mean that the room will be filled with elephants. It is just a nice touch to make it more fun for Siby as she grows.     

No comments:

Post a Comment