Pages

Monday, August 27, 2012

2.0 | 32 Weeks

How far along? 32 Weeks
Baby’s Size: Squash
Total Weight Gain: 24 lbs. I've lost a couple of pounds and gained them back since modifying my diet due to my gestational diabetes diagnosis.  
Maternity Clothes: Yes.
Gender: Little girl #2!!
Movement: Still a crazy mover.    
Sleep: Hasn't been so bad for the most part.  Evelina still joins us in bed almost every night.  I'm still sleeping sans body pillow though, the bed can't support, me, Chris, Evelina and pillow. 
Symptoms:  It is getting more difficult to move around gracefully with my belly growing and growing.  I'm more achy when I wake in the morning or when I have to get up to use the little girl's room during the night.  On the flip side, I have more energy, my heartburn has subsided substantially, and I tend to not swell (except when I sit at work for too long) as much ever since modifying my diet due to gestational diabetes.  Eating fewer carbs and more healthy carbs definitely has it's advantages.  Of course, I have yet ANOTHER head cold.  It is really becoming ridiculous. 
Best Moments this week: Our family vacation to Ogunquit, ME.  The weather was perfection and we had a wonderful time with our family.  It was so nice to get away and "relax" before Siby arrives.     
Food Aversions: Nothing.   
Food Cravings: Sweets, of course.  Although I still get to indulge on ice cream after dinner, just not as much. Eddie's slow churned is my BFF; carbs are so much less than other ice cream!! 
What I miss: Eating what I want...when I want.  My meals are more regimented these days.  Breakfast, lunch and dinner with a snack about 2-3 hours after each meal.  I can't really graze throughout the day like I once did.  
What I am looking forward to: A big ice cream sundae or slice of chocolate cake!!  After Evelina was born, all I wanted was an Italian sub. I didn't eat any cold cuts when I was pregnant with her and even if I did, an Italian sub would have given me major heartburn.  This time around, I want Chris to bring me something uber-sweet to the hospital. 
What Else?  I was all doom and gloom when I was told that I officially had gestational diabetes.  I thought it would be a total hassle and difficult to manage, but once I had my first visit to the diabetes clinic, I realized it wasn't going to be so bad.  For the most part, it has been pretty easy to keep my sugars in normal range, and surprisingly, I can eat more than I thought I would be allowed.  I can still eat sweets if I'd like, but everything in moderation, of course. I have to test my blood sugars 4x/day and because I often forget, I set an alarm on my phone.  When Evelina hears the alarm, she often shouts "test sugars!!".  She is too cute.  The only negative is that menu planning takes up a lot more of my already limited time, but it will all be worth it for a healthy babe.

32 week photo is on the way, I just need to find some time to go through some vacation photos.  

No comments:

Post a Comment