It has been approximately 3 weeks since we gave Evelina her last dosage of Zantac and Prilosec and I’m happy to report that she’s had no reflux symptoms of note!! Yay!! During her 12 month well-baby visit we spoke with her pediatrician about suspending the use of both medications but he suggested we let her self-wean and we would check in again at her 15 month visit. Most of the time, on mornings when I would be home with her, I would forget to give her the Zantac (oops, bad mama) and she always seemed perfectly normal. As for the Prilosec compound, I ultimately didn’t want to refill it again, so we just decided to stop. Our hope was that she would continue to be her happy (most of the time) self. The verdict = so far so good. It is actually a relief to not have to remember to give her Zantac in the morning and Prilosec ½ hour before dinner time. I still get paranoid that if she eats an orange or tomatoes at dinner she will wake up due to reflux pain because of the acid, but considering the abundance of both fruits she consumes, I think all is well. Keeping my fingers crossed!!



That is AWESOME Sarah! I'm so glad she's off of it too. We did it at 6 months, and Holly did fine. So happy for us too- I'd always give it to her too late and had to have her wait for the bottle. Torture. -Ang
ReplyDelete