Oh Lord help me!! I thought we had dodged a bullet when Evelina started rolling and she would stay on her back or side in her crib during naps and night-time sleep. How naive was I!?! I can clearly recollect telling family and friends in the last couple of weeks that she hasn't rolled in her crib, that by this age babies typically have chosen their preferred sleep position and that she is definitely a side sleeper.
Of course, starting last week, all she wants to do as soon as we put her down in the crib is get on her side and then, ultimately, roll to her belly. At this point, we aren't to concerned that she will suffocate, but the problem is rolling back once she gets irritated from being on her belly. She cries while doing 360s around the crib and pushing her bum into the air. We know very well that she can roll belly to back but she would rather a visit from her Mama or Papa to *save* her from the wrath of the belly gods. If she is facing the door as you walk in, she will flash a big smile...oh Lina. Tonight, I may have to let her cry in an effort to will her to flip back over or just go to sleep peacefully on her belly.
Just when I thought she couldn't sleep any better, I end up jinxing myself (I should KNOW better!!). I am NOT looking forward to when she can stand on her own. That should be even more blissful to tackle during designated sleep times.
I just have to keep telling myself...this is just another phase in the saga of infant sleep. Sigh...



Oh boy, I feel for you guys! I'd be nervous about the breathing on the tummy issue too. I can't imagine this stress yet, as Holly is just working on not dive-bombing to the floor with her noggin'. Good luck!
ReplyDelete