Over the past couple of weeks you have been under the weather and it's been very tough for both me and your papa to see you in discomfort. You're poor nose is constantly running and you have a phlegmy cough that shakes your entire body and wakes you during the night. We just want you to get better and be back to your jovial self again very soon.
In happy news, you surprised me one day by rolling from back to belly when I wasn't looking (you'd been so close for awhile so it's was about time!!) so now you can officially roll in both directions. Rolling still isn't your favorite motor skill but you can do it when you choose too. You much prefer your new skill of sitting unassisted and you love to stand while being closely monitored by me or your papa. You also are able to pivot around on your belly very easily and move around to grab toys. You've even started to push up on your knees and stick your bum into the air which results in you moving backward. Your papa and I definitely think this is your first step toward crawling and we don't think it will be long before you are really mobile. You continue to enjoy the jumperoo but you really have fun in your around we go entertaining walker. You've gotten so great at walking around and figuring out what each of the toys will do. We may have to retire your bouncy chair this month since you love sitting up straight and twisting in it...it can't be very safe for you anymore!!
You used to be such a chatterbox but took a little hiatus to work on your motor skills. Once you mastered rolling and sitting what emerged were lots of bababas, dadadas, and even the occasional rara, faba, quaba and mama. I smile each time I hear your sweet little voice (even if you do yell on occasion) and it is exciting for us to imagine what you will sound like when you really start chatting with us.
Lunch and dinner time continue to be a hit, and are partial to orange vegetables as well as any fruit that touches those cute lips of yours. You could live without peas and green beans but I still try to blend them with some of your favorites in hopes that you will enjoy them one day. You have tried some new foods over the past month, whole grain cereal, bananas, blueberries, peaches, parsnips, corn, potatoes, yogurt, and I'm on the lookout for some recipes that include beans and meats for you to try this month. Every so often I will put some Cheerios on your high chair table for you to experiment with but you haven't quite figured out that you are supposed to pick them up and put them in your month. You would much rather chomp on your bib or other objects instead of actual finger food.
There are a few things that heighten your fuss-bucket mood these days:
- You absolutely HATE when I get you dressed for bed. You can be smiling, chatting and even giggling and as soon as I slip one of your arms into your jammies, you get so angry. I have started sitting you up during the process and that usually will keep the tears at bay.
- Bottle feedings aren't your favorite times of day. You get extremely fidgety and distracted. You have become the master of swatting the bottle or my hands away in protest since you would much prefer to observe the world around you. I would classify you as little Miss Nosey.
- You HATE when I wipe your nose or clean your eyes. You will swat my hand away, turn your head and get so angry. Don't you want to breathe easier?
In other developments:
- You are now down to 4 bottle feedings a day and averaging about 24oz. This is down from 5 feedings and about 32oz.
- You are in size 6-9 or 6-12 month clothes and still in size 2 diapers for daytime but size 3 for night.
- On January 31st, you weighed in at 15lbs 1oz.
- No sign of any new teeth yet, but your 2 bottom teeth have really sprouted.
- You have started to pivot your wrists back and forth in a wave motion. I'm not sure if it is officially a wave but it sure is cute.
- Your hair is growing, but still not enough for any cute barrettes yet.
- You have started to raise your eyebrows.
- You are such a curious little one and you will tip your head to either side to try to look at something in a different way, or you will move your head to one side or the other if something is out of view that you are interested in observing. It is too cute.
You are the sunshine of my life,
Mommy




No comments:
Post a Comment