Today, I am 24 weeks pregnant!! Two-thirds of the way there!! Cashina should have gained about 4 ounces since last week which would put her over a pound. Her lungs are developing "branches" of the respiratory "tree" as well as cells that produce a substance that will help her air sacs inflate once she hits the outside world. She is going to continue to fill out this week and most of my weight gain will go straight to helping her gain weight. She actually looks like a miniature version of what we'll see on delivery day. Her face has formed, ears are in place and eyes are complete (although her lids are still closed she will begin to experience REM). She now has control of her vision, smell, touch, hearing and taste.
I have a pre-natel appointment this week and I am looking forward to stepping on the scale as well as hearing Cashina's heart beating strong. I don't feel like I gained any weight since my last appointment but hopefully I did since it is a good sign that Cashina is growing as well. We selected a paint color for the nursery (the same one in the inspiration room) and need to start cleaning out the room in preparation for painting. Hopefully we will order Cashina's furniture next week!! Time is just flying by!!



No comments:
Post a Comment