It is growing (24 week belly shot coming soon!!) but even though I am by no means HUGE, it does feel different to have attached to me then my previous flat version…..especially since the flat version was a little softer and this new version is firm.
Here are some belly observations:
- There is no way in heck I could actually lay on my stomach. I have had the urge when I get sick of my side but just can’t do it. It just seems like it would hurt so I’m thankful that I was never much of a stomach sleeper.
- My belly no longer gets flat when I lay on my back. It still was (believe it or not) until about month ago. Now when I look down toward my feet in bed I see the beginnings of a dome.
- When I am sitting at my desk at work, the top ridge of my belly hits the desk so I have to sit a little bit farther away then I use to. And if I am talking to a co-worker over a cubical wall, I have to stand at almost 45 degrees to prevent Cashina from being squished so I can rest my arms on the top of the wall.
- When I am making dinner or doing the dishes, I have to stand farther away from the counter. In the final weeks will I even be able to reach a cutting board? Not sure I’m even going to want to!!
- Hugging Chris, family or friends has quite a different feeling since my stomach touches them before I can completely get my arms around them. It feels kind of funny but I like to think that Cashina is getting to enjoy the hugs too.
- I cross my arms a lot since it is comfortable to me but since the belly bump gets in the way and the pressure of my arms isn't very comfortable in my natural position, I have to lift them up a little and use my belly as a shelf.
- If I stand up straight and look down I can only see my toes. They are definitely going to be a thing of the past soon.
I have no doubt there will come a day that I can’t tie my own shoes, pick up Violet or potentially not be able to shave my legs, but for now these tasks are still manageable…but for how long???



No comments:
Post a Comment