Pages

Saturday, February 6, 2010

Pregnancy Progress: Week 21

Today, I am 21 weeks pregnant!! As I sit eating a banana, I can’t help but think that Cashina is about the size of a banana this week. Not sure if it is the equivalent of a smaller organic banana or the larger fertilizer-infused variety.

This week Cashina’s growth rate will start to slow down but her organs and central nervous system will continue to mature and she will continue to get some meat on those bones. She now swallows several ounces of amniotic fluid each day for hydration and nutrition, and to practice digesting. This may cause her to get the hiccups which I soon may start feeling (so cool!!). Studies have shown that after birth, babies are most interested in tastes they’ve already experienced through amniotic fluid so this will certainly give me something to think about as I prepare meals each day.

I’ve felt a few different sensations in my tummy region this week which I think may have been Cashina but, as always, not sure. My bladder felt like it was being pummeled on Thursday morning so perhaps she found it soft to kick or wanted to remind me that I really had to go and she needed more room to groove. I am looking forward to when my “I thinks” actually turn into “I knows”.

Coming up this week I have my 20 weeks pre-natal check-up (one week late) and I am excited to hear Cashina’s heartbeat once again. Another big milestone….having to buy new bras!!

No comments:

Post a Comment