Pages

Thursday, November 6, 2008

Lockdown

After what feels like endless days of waiting and watching interest rates rise and fall and worrying that the market would tank even more than it has and prevent mortgage companies from loaning us the money they promised, we have locked in the rate for our 30 year fixed mortgage, no points, no closing costs.

Wow....30 years, I can officially say that I will most likely never be debt-free again unless we strike it rich winning the lotto. But on the bright side, in less then a month, we will be homeowners with our own piece of land living the American dream. I never thought this day would come.....well, it hasn't come yet but it is getting closer and closer and I (we) can't wait!! I think I may tear up when the last signature is signed and the keys are handed over. I already do for other people when I watch "My First Place" or "Property Virgins" on HGTV. I know, I know, surprising right?

No comments:

Post a Comment