Pages

Monday, July 18, 2011

Solo

Chris will be traveling for business this week, returning on Thursday night.  This will be the longest stretch of time he has been away since before Evelina was born.  This week, I will get a good strong dose of single parenthood and I'm exhausted just thinking about it (props to all those who do it everyday).  My week will consist of:
  • Morning routine responsibilities. I'm usually office bound (to beat traffic) before Evelina starts her day.
  • Morning drop-offs (rush hour traffic, here I come), in addition to my usual afternoon pick-ups.
  • Preparing dinner and cleaning up toddler messes without Evelina having Dada to play with and keeping her from climbing up my legs in the kitchen or getting into the dishwasher.
  • Potentialling dealing with bath time tantrums by my lonesome.
  • Night-time wake-up duties.  Evelina has had a stuffy nose and hacking cough over the past few days and has been waking up 2-4 times a night.  Not good timing!! 
I'm praying for my sanity.

No comments:

Post a Comment